- Applications have been submitted to the state for 2 grants to help purchase the 300 acres ($1M).
- Pledges have been made by the Rostan Family Foundation ($300K) and Kellex Seating ($100K) to complete the purchase of the land once the grants are awarded.
- Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge has pledged $50K toward park amenities once the land is acquired.
- On top of that, almost $47K has been pledged by generous people, small businesses and civic groups to help with amenities.
What is next?
- Grant recipients will be announced in August and in September.
- Once we know we have the money to purchase the land, public input will be taken for what features should be at the park.
- We are continuing to collect pledges for park amenities. The more money we have promised, the sooner park features can be built. Pledge Today
I need to start at the beginning – before the update