Donations Needed for Amenities Current donations will help fund the bridge across McGalliard Creek. Donors of $100 and above will be recognized at the park and on our web site.
You can also use the Donate button on our Facebook Page – we are charged no fees for this service.
Where we stand with donations and grants?
- $267K in Donations from the Community
- May 3 – Awarded $200K DEQ Grant for 4000 linear ft of greenway, storm drainage and some permeable parking – must match with $200K of Community Donations
- August 23 – Awarded $285K PARTF Grant for restrooms, picnic area, dog park, wildlife viewing platform, kayak launch, walking trail to viewing platform, parking, entry road. The DEQ grant and community donations will cover the match.
- Recreational Trails Program Grant – Requesting $100K to match $25K from community
to help pay for a 200-foot bridge across McGalliard Creek to complete the trail from McGalliard Falls Park to Valdese Lakeside Park – creating a 2-mile greenway connecting the parks. Estimated cost of the bridge is $250K. Pre-Application filed March 1, 2019. Granted permission to submit final application. Award will be Oct/Nov.
What else do we need?
- $120K to complete greenway to creek crossing bridge from where DEQ money stops in Lakeside Park (3000 more ft)
- $35K for bridge if we get RTP grant; $135K needed if no RTP grant
- $120K to complete greenway from bridge to McGalliard Falls Park (3000 ft) – may take more based on the steep slope at the McGalliard Falls picnic shelter to make it ADA
Support Friends of the Valdese Rec’s mission by leaving us a bequest. A bequest is a gift made to charity in your will or trust. Below is some basic bequest language to assist you and your attorney.
I hereby, give, devise and bequeath $_______ or _____% of the remainder of my estate to Friends of the Valdese Rec, Inc. , a non-profit organization located in Valdese, NC, Federal Tax ID #47-3614341, to be used for its general purposes.
Thanks to these generous donations for the land purchase
Rostan Family Foundation – $300,000
Kellex Seating – $100,000
Grants will also be applied for to help pay for the park. If you know of grants not on this list, let us know. Showing the community supports the park via donations is helpful in the grant application process.