Currently, this is a natural park maintained by Friends of the Valdese Rec. There are no restrooms, no paved parking lot. But, it is beautiful and there is plenty to do! There are 4-5 miles of trails for hiking and mountain biking, you can fish from the bank, picnic at the tables, launch a kayak from the shore and enjoy the views. Directions to the Park
Phase 1 – Coming Soon
Phase 1, with a budget of $762,001, will include 4000 lin ft of greenway, restrooms, picnic area, dog park, wildlife viewing platform, kayak launch, walking trail to viewing platform, parking and entry road. The funding comes from grants (PARTF and DEQ) and community donations. No town money is being used. Ground breaking is set for May 2020.
Next, a 128 foot bridge over McGalliard Creek is needed to complete the greenway from Valdese Lakeside Park to McGalliard Falls Park. Donate Today to help with amenities and the bridge.
Valdese Lakeside Park Features (Proposed)
- Greenway Trail (DEQ Grant)
- Bridge connecting McGalliard Falls Park
- Additional Hiking Trails
- Mountain Bike Trails (7 miles of trails possible – can also walk/run)
- Mountain Bike Pump Track
- Disc Golf Course – 18 hole – Championship Level
- Kayak/Canoe Launch (PARTF grant)
- Picnic Area (PARTF grant)
- Open Green
- Fishing pier
- Educational Viewing Platform (PARTF grant)
- Multigenerational exercise equipment
- Natural Playground (ideas)
- Restrooms (PARTF grant)
- Parking (PARTF and DEQ grant)
- Dog Park (PARTF grant)
- Paved Walking Loop
- Observation Tower (ideas)
Valdese Lakeside Park Slide Show for Nov 3, 2017 Celebration thanking all involved in the land purchase.