Fundraising is underway for a 300 acre passive park on Lake Rhodhiss. FVR worked with the Town of Valdese and Foothills Conservancy of NC for 3 years to acquire the land, which closed in January 2018. The park will not only provide recreation, but will have a positive economic impact on the town.
Valdese Lakeside Park Features (Proposed)
- Trail connecting McGalliard Falls Park, plus additional hiking trails
- Mountain Bike Trails (7 miles of trails possible – can also walk/run)
- Mountain Bike Pump Track
- Disc Golf Course – 18 hole – Championship Level
- Kayak/Canoe Launch
- Picnic Area
- Open Green
- Fishing pier
- Overlook – Viewing Platform
- Multigenerational exercise equipment
- Natural Playground (ideas)
- Dog Park
- Paved Walking Loop
- Observation Tower (ideas)
The property is located off Lovelady Road – between Draughn HS & McGalliard Falls (directions) – you can explore now at your own risk. The land was purchased with grants from the CWMTF, PARTF, the Rostan Family Foundation and Kellex Seating.
Donate for Amenities Today!
Valdese Lakeside Park Slide Show for Nov 3 Celebration thanking all involved in the land purchse.