FVR has been working with the Town of Valdese for 3 years to acquire 300 acres of land on Lake Rhodhiss for a passive park. The park will provide a recreation area for our region and a path of economic development for the town. Closing date on the land was Jan 31, 2018. Park planning and fundraising for amenities are underway.
The Conceptual Plan (to right) created by Destination by Design shows how park features could be placed and was used in grant applications. DbD is now under contract to complete the Master Park Plan – with a draft plan available for review in March. Input meetings have been held for
Valdese Lakeside Park Features (Proposed)
- 2-mile trail connecting McGalliard Falls Park to future picnic area near Wastewater Treatment Plant with exercise stations and benches – plus additional hiking trails
- Mountain Bike Trails (25 miles of trails possible – can also walk/run)
- Mountain Bike Pump Track
- Disc Golf Course – 18 hole – Championship Level
- Kayak/Canoe Launch
- Picnic Area
- Observation Tower (ideas)
- Gazebo for view and weddings
- Dock for better views of Table Rock and fishing
- Outdoor Classroom
- Natural Playground (ideas)
Donate to the Valdese Lakeside Park Amenities
Valdese Lakeside Park Slide Show for Nov 3 thanking all involved.