Awarded PARTF Grant for Park Amenities
On August 23, the Town of Valdese received a grant for Valdese Lakeside Park – Phase 1. The $285K PARTF Grant is for restrooms, picnic area, dog park, wildlife viewing platform, kayak launch, walking trail to viewing platform, parking, entry road at Valdese Lakeside Park. The DEQ awarded grant and community donations will cover the match.
We are waiting to hear from one more grant – the RTP Grant that would help fund the bridge over McGalliard Creek to complete the greenway from Valdese Lakeside Park to McGalliard Falls Park. Donate Today to help with amenities.
Valdese Lakeside Park Features (Proposed)
- Trail and Bridge connecting McGalliard Falls Park (DEQ Grant)
- Additional Hiking Trails
- Mountain Bike Trails (7 miles of trails possible – can also walk/run)
- Mountain Bike Pump Track
- Disc Golf Course – 18 hole – Championship Level
- Kayak/Canoe Launch (PARTF grant)
- Picnic Area (PARTF grant)
- Open Green
- Fishing pier
- Educational Viewing Platform (PARTF grant)
- Multigenerational exercise equipment
- Natural Playground (ideas)
- Restrooms (PARTF grant)
- Parking (PARTF and DEQ grant)
- Dog Park (PARTF grant)
- Paved Walking Loop
- Observation Tower (ideas)
(Grant Funding – PARTF and DEQ – has been secured for some of the items listed above and will be a Phase 1 Build – breaking ground in Spring 2020)
Valdese Lakeside Park Slide Show for Nov 3 Celebration thanking all involved in the land purchse.