Where are we now?
We have the money to purchase the 300 acres on Lake Rhodhiss. The closing on the land will be by January 31, 2018.
- The Town of Valdese was awarded 2 grants from the state – PARTF ($300K) and CWMTF ($676K).
- The remaining amount needed to purchase the land will be covered by the Rostan Family Foundation ($300K) and Kellex Seating ($100K).
What is next?
- Meetings will be scheduled to gather input from donors and the community on what features the park should include.
- A master park plan will be created including amenities desired with pricing and time line for completion.
- Continue Fundraising for Park Amemities
- Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge has committed $50K.
- Another $50K has been pledged by generous people, small businesses.
- The more money raised, the sooner park features can be built. Donate Today